COVID-19 Information

Lump Sum Death Benefit

There is a one-time payment of $255 from the Social Security Administration for an eligible surviving spouse of someone receiving certain Social Security benefits that is meant to help pay for funeral costs. If there is no surviving spouse, the payment can made to a child who is eligible for benefits. The surviving spouse/child will need to contact the Social Security Administration and notify as soon as possible when a person dies. Usually, as a funeral director the report of death is done when filing a death certificate on the informant’s behalf, but in order to do so, the informant will need to furnish the decedent's Social Security number to a director so the report can be made.

In this section



Life Insurance

Veterans Benefits

Contributionary Websites

© 2022 Daniel J Schaefer Funeral Home. All Rights Reserved. Funeral Home website by CFS & TA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Accessibility