Julia Mae Bowman was born September 14th 1938 to the late Lutena and Charlie Bowman in Summerton South Carolina. After several years the family relocated to Brooklyn, New York where she lived out her life. Julia was raised in a Christian home and attended The Church of The Open Doors and later Shiloh Baptiste Church.
She married the late Jessie Burch on April 1st, 1956 and resided in Fort Greene, Brooklyn New York. Julia had eight children – Leon Bowman (Deceased), Tina (Deceased), Randell, Linda, Anthony, Russell, Shelia, and Bernadette Burch. After the death of her husband in 1970, Julia raised her children as a single parent. She worked hard in many career fields to provide a safe and loving home for her children who were her top priority and strength. She was encouraged to apply as a childcare worker for Edwin Gould Services for Children & Families and later New York Foundling Hospital. At these Childcare Agency’s she found her calling working with children and achieved title of Group home Supervisor. Later she was honored for her tenor of invaluable leadership, guidance, dedication, compassion and retired in 1995.
She enjoyed many things in life - Music, Traveling, Gambling and most of all her family. Julia will always be remembered by her loving family and friends who will cherish her memory.
(3) Sons: Randell, Anthony and Russell Burch
(3) Daughters: Linda, Shelia and Bernadette Burch
(2) Daughters-In-law: Maria and Annie Burch
(1) Brother: George Isaac and Sister-in-law: Gina Isaac
(1) Sister: Martha Barfield
(4) Nephews | (1) Nieces: Andre and Shawn Isaac, Patrick, Michael and Lisa Barfield
(5) Grandsons: Richard, Ramon, Reemo, Lamar and Leon Burch
(3) Granddaughters: Nicole, Chawla Vandross and Oliva Burch)
(8) Grant-grands: Sheliah Burch, Isarel Vandross, Tre’del Johnson, Jalen Johnson, Alice Williams, Carrie, Donald and Arianna Vandross
Her Buddy: (Late) Jacqueline Abney | Godsons: Jason Abney and Robert Price
Dearest Close Friends: Gary Faison, Kaly Baysah, Carol Freeman
and a host of other relatives and family friends